Monday, January 26, 2015

First week in Lorca


Elder Rex here live from Lorca, Spain!
Well It's cold here! Our apartment doesn't have any heating so I sleep in sweats and like 3 blankets. My bed is so squeaky! And while studying in the morning I get frostbite in at least 3 different locations... so thats fun! Anyway! There is a large African population here in Lorca, I teach in english half of the time which is interesting. Oh my trainer is Elder Bassett (pictured above), he's a super cool guy from good ole Utah! Also, it snowed the last day I was at the MTC! My thoughts are kind of sporadic, sorry about that. Well I was teaching some less active members of the ward, two guys from Ghana or Nigeria, I don't remember which. Their roommate came in all drunk and I, being the polite guy I am, started to ask where he was from and he didn't enjoy that very much. He started to get a little angry and asked why I wanted to know and started to yell at me in broken english mixed with some african dialect. Then he accused me of killing Martin Luther King! I don't recall doing that but he says I did it! Pretty dang funny! 

So I wake up at 7 and work out till 7:30. 7:30 till 8:30 is when we shower and eat breakfast. Then we study until around 12 then 12 till 2 we have appointments and whatnot. We come back at 2 for lunch till 5 because we have extra study time since I'm being trained. Then 5 till 9:45 ish we are out and about! And then we plan our next day, maybe eat some food and then go to bed! Then repeat every day. Haha all is well though!! We taught some guy who saw an angel so thats pretty cool. I had no idea what was going on in the lesson but the guy was just flapping his arms like a giant bird so later I asked Elder Bassett what that was about, and apparently that's when he was telling us about the angel he saw. He also said that I have sad eyes... kinda strange! I had to tell him they were indeed happy eyes. 

I had kebab today! if anyone knows what that is! It's like a big hunk of meat on a rotisserie and then they shave it off and put it in a wrap or sandwich. It's tasty! I get to eat fufu later this week with Toomba, who is a guy from Ghana in our ward. Excited for that. Oh good news!! Elder Bassett shares the same passion I have for hot cheetos so that is pretty awesome! He has a bag from christmas that we are going to open later since today is his birthday. Anyways here is my  address if anyone wants to write me or send me things ;)   
Elder Jordan Rex
c/ Juan Carlos 1 46 7B
Lorca-Murcia 30800
Spain
I would love to hear from everyone! Mail is like gold out here!!!! I'm trying to think of more things to say but I cant think of much! I've anointed four blessing and invited like 4 people to be baptized so far, It's crazy! Spanish is rough but coming along. I miss all of you. You are always in my payers!! 

Love, 
Elder Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment