Friday, April 8, 2016

4/4/16

Well these last two weeks have been pretty basic. Last week was Semana Santa, or Holy Week. Always interesting here in southern Spain. They walked around with these big Virgin Mary floats and Jesus statues, burning incense while a marching band followed, dressed up as what honestly looks to be a KKK costume (I know it's not, and there is history behind it.) but it looks like one! That week kinda just goes down the gutter. Nobody wants anything. So it was a rough empty week. (even more than usual). One night around 12:30am they came down our street banging drums so loud our windows were shaking... always a good time. I must say that Lorca (my first area) has a more intense Holy Week than Dos Hermanas. It's raining today so we've just kinda hung out in our apartment. Nothing too special. I've been to the doctor a few times this week trying to heal a foot injury... I have to get my blood analyzed and then I should be able to get some medicine to fix me. I spared you details because I really don't believe anyone wants to read about my foot problems. Haha anyways, I guess Spain is at a level 4 of terrorist alert or something like that. I'm not sure what that means but it spicens up life a little I guess. My comp and a member were telling me that some extremist said with in the next 5 years they are going to take Spain. Good thing I'm out of here in 7 months! Everything is pretty calm here, I'm not worried. I haven't heard any reliable sources talking about it.

Anyways, love you all! Follow Jesus and you'll be a much happier person!



We should stay off play equipment... it doesn't end well

My food creations
Some sweet bikes

No comments:

Post a Comment