Tuesday, August 30, 2016

4/18/16

Hey there, well I'm still here! We will find out Saturday if I will be transferred or not... it'll be weird if I do because this will be my first area with just two transfers but it's looking pretty possible. And that means I'll have probably two more areas to go because I have 5 transfers to go so probably a 2 and 3 transfer areas or I could stay here a transfer and just have one 4 transfer area. Who knows... not me. I've come to realize that I can impress people with how much I eat. It's kind how I prove I'm a man. Like today at lunch I out ate a 7 foot tall elder, I out eat a lot of people out here and I gain the respect of people by doing it. In my last area there was a big Ecuadorean man who loved me because I once put down like 30 chicken wings, empenadas and stuff, and I don't even get fat by doing so! The work here is interesting, all the teenagers here try to make fun of us and just laugh at us, but I just think it's funny. They really just don't know who I am. They see me as the guy walking around in the shirt and tie everyday talking about Jesus (partially because that's

who I am...) but I don't think they realize I'm pretty dang normal just like them. It's funny sometimes because they'll try to catch you off guard but then realize I'm just  a normal guy and they get confused. Pretty much we are visiting 3 people a lot as of lately, all three are single fathers in their late thirties. They seem to believe that me and elder Maldonado can find them so nice Mormon women to fix their problems. One is actually progressing pretty well and is interested in the gospel. The other is convinced that if he had a tractor and a woman all his problems would be solved (sounds like a country song to me....) and the other either watches the movie Bugs Life's or sleeps when we teach him and claims that he's listening but just with his eyes closed.... hahaha soooo yeah that's my life as of lately. All seriousness they are all good guys who want to be happy and have a happy family. 


So...Cody got engaged... That's good for him! Super weird for me to think he will be married when I get back...super weird! People are dropping like flies back home...love is in the air apparently. All you women reading this, I'll be home in 7 months...mark your calendars...go ahead and call or text Courtney if you want to set a date in advance because it's possible they will be in high demand ;) hahah just kidding let's be real...I'll probably be afraid of girls when I come home.... I hope all is well back home. You are in my prayers! Love you all! Especially those of you who take your time to read this! I know I'm pretty bad at keeping up but I write this for you guys!!! Mainly for my mom...but the few others too! Haha adios!





No comments:

Post a Comment